From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Realtec 8111C LAN not detected...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:25:20
1 On 10/28/2011 05:46 PM, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to install gentoo on mobo with Realtek 8111C LAN
5
6 Note that this chip isn't properly supported by Linux. It uses a driver
7 for the 8111* chips that isn't really compatible. I have a 8111E chip
8 and with the kernel drivers it stops working after about an hour.
9
10 You will probably need the Linux driver from Realtek:
11
12 http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
13
14 To install it, simply run the provided "autorun.sh" script as root. It
15 will compile and copy the kernel modules to /lib/modules/<your_kernel>
16
17 For it to work, you need to build a kernel with your current ethernet
18 driver disabled. It works with kernel 3.0. Don't know about 3.1, I
19 guess it doesn't yet.