From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Incredibly slow disk access
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 03:56:31
1 On Jan 8, 2008 12:53 AM, Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:51:02 -0500 "Mark Shields" <laebshade@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I'd also recommending after checking for the above, also check what
6 > > level of UDMA is set. Try this: hdparm -I /dev/hda | grep -i dma
7 > >
8 > > Yours should say probably either udma3 or udma4.
9 >
10 > Why not udma5 ? All my PATA drives (desktop and notebook) run at udma5
11 > for some years now without any problems.
14 > Cheers,
15 > Renat
16 >
17 > --
18 > Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
19 > durch die sie entstanden sind.
20 > (Einstein)
23 It was just a guess. Take it with a grain of salt.
26 - Mark Shields