From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: karlos <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NetWork/InterNet Problem: was "problem emerging stuff"
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:40:23
1 Karsten Gebbert wrote:
2 > >> I can NOT ping the gentoo servers at all, no xchat servers
3 > >> etc. When I try to emerge, the address show in the terminal is
4 > >> always 1.0.0.0 <http://1.0.0.0/><http://1.0.0.0>.
5
6 After googling a bit for "1.0.0.0" and dlink, I suggest you try:
7
8 USE=-ipv6 emerge --oneshot wget xchat
9
10 When that solves it, you may want to add "-ipv6" to your USE flags
11 and 'emerge -DuN world'.
12
13 > GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.tucdemonic.org/gentoo/
14 > ftp://ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo
15 > http://mirror.gentoo.gr.jp
16 > http://www.zentek-international.com/mirrors/gentoo/
17 > http://gentoo.blueyonder.co.uk
18 > ftp://mirrors.blueyonder.co.uk/mirrors/gentoo
19 > http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/
20 > ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/"
21
22 On a side note: there's little point in putting both http and ftp
23 versions of the same server in your list of mirrors. And you will
24 probably want to put the UK mirrors back first in the list.
25
26 > <ftp://
27 >ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/%22>
28
29 Is this an artifact of the mailer your using? Gmail's web
30 interface?
31
32 By the way, it's fine to read a digest, but when you're sending
33 messages and responding, it's better to turn digest mode off, so
34 the threading is preserved.
35
36 Benno
37 --