From: David Morgan <david.morgan@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pruning /usr/portage/distfiles/
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:40:49
1 On 16:22 Thu 21 Jul , James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > /usr is the only partion I seem to have trouble filling up. After
5 > poking around I've decided to 'prune' /usr/portage/distfiles.
6 >
7 > Before automating this action, via crontab, I'm soliciting
8 > any other, slicker/cooler/better method to auto prune
9 > /usr/portage/distfiles.
10 <snip>
11
12 I use tmpwatch to do this - it deletes files that haven't been accessed
13 for a certain amount of time (but only in directories specified by you).
14
15 It's in portage, and comes with a default config file that's pretty good
16 if you just uncomment a few lines, and includes an entry for distfiles,
17 so you don't have to do much to set it up.
18
19 If you search forums.gentoo.org you'll probably find various scripts for
20 removing source for older versions of packages, some of which are quite
21 sophisticated.
22
23 I prefer the tmpwatch route but others prefer the other approach.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list