From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sound driver
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:21:30
1 Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:
4 > Yes they are---
7 You are correct. I think I'm very close now. I edited '/etc/modules.d/alsa'
8 by hand, inputing:
9
10 alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
11 alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
14 But when the system boot, it complains during the boot process about the module
15 or drivers or something 8x0 (sorry, the message echoed to the screen during
16 boot is not part of dmesg....? Maybe there is a file I can look that
17 exactly captures the error messages to the screen during boot?
18
19 Somehow, this name is incomplete, or the driver is missing....
20
21 I got the idea from: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/
22 template.php?company=SiS&card=SiS+740.&chip=SI7012&module=intel8x0
23
24 Any help is appreciated, I think I'm real close now....
27 James
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list