From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] debugging init scripts
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:04:27
1 On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 02:13 +0100, Ian Hastie wrote:
2 > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:37:26 +0930
3 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
4 >
5 > > it's a funny workaround, but sometimes you have to type
6 > >
7 > > cat file | less
8 > >
9 > > to stop less being "intelligent". Or you could disable it's input
10 > > preprocessor:
11 > >
12 > > LESSOPEN="" less /usr/bin/echo-client-2
13 >
14 > Or you can use the -L, aka --no-lessopen, switch. It does the same
15 > thing, but with less typing...
16 >
17 > : -L or --no-lessopen
18 > : Ignore the LESSOPEN environment variable (see
19 > : the INPUT PREPROCESSOR section below). This option can be set from
20 > : within less, but it will apply only to files opened subsequently,
21 > : not to the file which is currently open.
22
23 ahh, thanks. I searched the options for "input preprocessor", but it's
24 formatted "INPUT<space><space>PRE-" in my particular terminal, so less
25 didn't locate a match until the Input Preprocessor seciton, which
26 doesn't mention the option!
27
28 thanks,
32 Matz's Law:
33 A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list