From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best way to block a given packages?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:57:07
1 Phill MV wrote:
2
3 > After a month worth of holidays, I return to my computer, sync, and
4 > type emerge -uva world.
5 >
6 > Scrolling through the several screen's worth of stuff I find a few
7 > 'redundant' packages, like Mozilla and Epiphany (I use Firefox).
8 > I use gnome, so I've always wounded up with these two packages on my
9 > system. All things considered, compiling these two is a waste of
10 > space, bandwidth, time and electricity.
11 >
12 > How do I block these two from being compiled, despite the fact that
13 > they are listed as 'dependancies' in packages I use?
14
15 Instead of using Gnome, try using the gnome-light package. It comes
16 wihtout the large dependancies that the normal gnome does, but you have
17 to remmeber to install any extras that you might need (file-roller,
18 games, tools etc)
19
20 Tim
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list