From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Preventing new versions of gentoo-sources…
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:07:29
1 Is there a way that I can prevent emerge from wanting to update
2 (download / install) gentoo-sources for kernel versions beyond a
3 specified value?
4
5 I want to stick within a specific version of the kernel / gentoo-sources
6 because of dependencies on Open vSwitch.
7
8 I'm okay receiving updates to the 4.14.* version, but I don't (yet) want
9 anything in the 4.19.* or 5.* versions.
10
11 I don't feel the need to be locked at what's currently installed and
12 stable, 4.14.120. I'm happy to receive newer versions in the 4.14.*
13 version once they are considered stable. (It looks like 4.14.127 is
14 still ~ (testing/experimental).
19 Grant. . . .
20 unix || die