From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:05:52
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > And do check on your warranty. You can migrate all your data to the
3 > new drive, and then replace the old one as a backup disk. Either use
4 > it with raid, or as an offline backup. If you want to do raid you can
5 > set up mdadm with a degraded raid1 so that you can copy your data over
6 > from your old drive, and then when it is replaced you just partition
7 > the new one, add it to the raid, and watch it rebuild automatically. Rich
8
9 I thought I was never going to find that thing. It is pretty well
10 hidden. Anyway:
11
12 Serial Number Seagate Part Number Warranty Status
13 Z1F0PKT5 9YN166-302 Out of Warranty
14
15 So, I guess I need to check newegg and see if I can show a invoice that
16 it is less than two years old. I'm not sure that it is tho.
17
18 Dale
19