From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is kde really buggy or it is me?!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:15:51
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 18 September 2014 09:18:16 Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
3 >> On 09/18/2014 09:15 AM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
4 >>> Hi.
5 >>> I have just installed the kde desktop. I like the overall experience
6 >>> but its kind of buggy. For example the last problem that I had, system
7 >>> setting was not responding till the next reboot.
8 >>> I have not used kde before so, I was wondering that is buggy or I have
9 >>> configured something wrong?
10 >> What settings exactly were you setting? It's been my experience that
11 >> changing a handful of disparate values sometimes will not take full
12 >> effect until after a reboot, especially if it deals with language or
13 >> appearance.
14 > I can't say I've ever needed a reboot. Just logging out and in again works for
15 > me. (I use KDM to log in.)
18 I've never rebooted before either. Lately tho, the changes take effect
19 as soon as I hit apply too. It is rare that I even log out of my GUI.
20 Most of the time is it because a update requires me to so that it can
21 load the new configs etc.
22
23 Interesting.
24