From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mythtv problems 2.0: carter
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:35:40
1 On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK.  My recent Myth problems were on camille, which thankfully is now
3 > working.  Originally, I was trying to move my Myth installation to
4 > carter, which is a dedicated linux box.  I wanted to do this so that I
5 > could dual boot into Windows XP on camille more often.  I've been
6 > applying all the advice I've been getting to carter's installation and
7 > everything works except for Watch TV.  Carter's TV card is Hauppage
8 > HVR-1950 (pvrusb2).  I can get video with it (I have the /eev/vieo0
9 > device node and I can get a file by mplayer /dev/video0).  I'm thinking
10 > the card type in Capture Cards in mythtv-setup might be the problem.
11 > Here is the output from mythbackend:
12 >
13 <SNIP>
14 >
15 > I'm using the recommended IVTV MPEG-2 Encoder card type.  What am I
16 > doing wrong here?
17
18 1) I don't presume to know why you need to dual boot but unless you're
19 playing games or something that requires better graphics why not run a
20 Windows VM and not reboot at all? I currently have 3 copies of Windows
21 running here but I'm writing this in Linux.
22
23 2) Not that I mind these MythTV oriented threads at all but wouldn't
24 you find a wider range of MythTV help on the MythTV list? That said,
25 post where you like. It's all good.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Mark