From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why has xmms been killed suddenly?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:20:42
1 On 10/24/06, Bira <u.alberton@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10/24/06, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > local account for liebichw wrote:
5 > > From what I have read here, it is no longer being supported upstream.
6 > > Some have said they are moving to amarok, which I am downloading on this
7 > > slow as crap dial-up right now.
8 > >
9 > > http://amarok.kde.org/
10 > >
11 > > Hope that helps.
12 > >
13 > > Dale
14 >
15 > Another alternative, which is very similar to XMMS, is Audacious. It's
16 > a fork from Beep Media Player, which in turn was a fork of XMMS. It
17 > uses GTK2, and its user interface is very similar to XMMS's but with a
18 > prettier skin.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Bira
22 > http://compexplicita.blogspot.com
23 > http://sinfoniaferida.blogspot.com
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 Here's another vote for Audacious. While it still has a long way to go
29 before it's as featured as Winamp (2.x winamp), it's still much nicer than
30 XMMS.
33 - Mark Shields