From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:36:02
1 · Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > Or why when run in a console the output stays on the screen when you
4 > exit less, thus allowing you to refer to it when typing the next
5 > command, but in an X terminal it 'collapses' to just the command
6 > prompt on exit.
7
8 That's because of certain features the terminal advertises
9 in its "termcap". I don't know which, but I do know, that this
10 is the reason.
11
12 Alexander Skwar
13 --
14 Leela: Oh no, there's no exhaust pipe.
15 Project Satan: That's right. Thanks to Ed Begley Jr.'s electric motor, the
16 most evil propulsion system ever conceived!
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list