From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What the devil?!! [or Plasma teething problems Ia.]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 10:20:38
1 On Tuesday, 25 June 2019 17:09:55 BST »Q« wrote:
2 > On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:19:09 +0100
3 >
4 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Can someone please explain how the removal of the 'wireless' USE flag
6 > > from powerdevil ends up with no buttons for Suspend-to-RAM,
7 > > Hibernation, Reboot or Shutdown under the Leave tab of the KMenu?
8 > > What does wireless have to do with those functions which should work
9 > > regardless?
10 >
11 > I have the wireless flag on, and I'm sometimes missing those buttons.
12 > I've never figured out why, but they usually return after I log out of
13 > KDE and back in -- sometimes it takes a reboot.
14
15 I've come across the same symptoms on various installations of mine. However,
16 I thought in all cases this was because I was in the middle of an update.
17 Anyway, after a prolonged revdep-rebuild, which reinstalled dbus plus another
18 21 packages, it seems all buttons are back and I can shutdown and hibernate.
19 I have no idea why a revdep-rebuild wanted to rebuild all these packages ...
20 but clearly something I did (like uninstalling/reinstalling plasma-meta, or
21 changing package specific USE flags?) meant all these needed to be rebuilt. I
22 didn't expect this - thank you Dale for nudging me in the right direction and
23 thank you all for your suggestions. :-)
24
25 Next time I login I'll also check if the missing Power Management module
26 mentioned in systemsettings has resolved itself.
29 > > Also, the sddm DM shutdown/reboot buttons now do not work. O_O
30 >
31 > Those have never worked for me.
32
33 I just looked at another installation. The default sddm configuration file (/
34 usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf) shows this:
35
36 [General]
37 # Halt command
38 HaltCommand=/usr/bin/loginctl poweroff
39
40 In an OpenRC system there is no loginctl. Consequently, unless we define a
41 separate config in /etc/ to use shutdown (with sudo?) it won't work. This
42 systemd-ism may be worth a bug report.
45 Regards,
46 Mick