From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SSD stopped booting
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:30:45
1 Dear list,
2
3 I have a SSD disk that was booting Gentoo for almost two years. Last
4 weekend, I moved out. Now when I try to turn on my desktop, it freezes
5 before loading grub. After a while, it jumps to the second disc, then I
6 receive a error message because there is a invalid grup installed on
7 /dev/sdb.
8
9 The SSD I mentioned is apparently working pretty well. I booted my desktop
10 from a Ubuntu usb, and I was able to run several benchmarks tools and even
11 make a chroot to my Gentoo environment. I've verified the disk performance,
12 the filesystem (ext4), the inodes, the folder/files, and everything appears
13 do be normal.
14
15 I've also installed and configured grub2 again and was able to boot just
16 once. Everything worked fine after that boot, but, once again, It no longer
17 can boot.
18
19 The questions are: where should I look for clues? what Information do you
20 need?
21
22 Thank you all,
23