From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TLD for home LAN?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:47:14
1 tastytea wrote:
2 >
3 > Another solution would be to register an inexpensive domain name and use
4 > that. 😊
5
6 That's generally a good idea. After using .local for many years,
7 too, I have switched to my "official" domain and added "local"
8 for the internal IP addresses.
9
10 So my server down in the basement is something like "server.example.com"
11 where BIND delivers the IP address 93.some.thing.official, and a DNS
12 request for "server.local.example.com" delivers 10.some.thing.internal.
13
14 So there's no need any more to search for some TLD which won't interfere
15 with anything :-)
16
17 -Matt