From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 5 - failure :-(
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:36:17
1 On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:24:32AM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote
2
3 Once you're back to your old setup, can you do me a favour? Please do
4 the following...
5
6 1) Add the line...
7
8 sys-fs/udev
9
10 to /etc/portage/package.mask.
13 2) Run the 2 commands
14 emerge -pv system > system.txt
15 emerge -pv world > world.txt
16
17 3) Remove the "sys-fs/udev" entry from /etc/portage/package.mask.
18
19 and gzip or zip the files system.txt and world.txt and file-attach them.
20 My guess is that at the end of world.txt, there will be a complaint
21 about udev being masked. I intend to add that sanity-check to the
22 instructions, so that people will know ahead of time whether or not
23 they'll run into this problem.
24
25 Again, sorry about putting you through this trouble. You did what a
26 beta tester is supposed to do, i.e. find problems/bugs.
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>