From: Alejandro <elcorreodeale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Printer recommendation
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:24:04
1 HP have good supports. Take a look here
2
3 http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
4
5 Cheers
6
7 2009/8/10 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
8
9 > Marco wrote:
10 > > Hi,
11 > >
12 > > I intend to buy a new printer and would like to get some
13 > > recommendations/experiences from you (to be sure to get it working
14 > > with Linux). Here is what I'd like:
15 > > - B/W and Color printing
16 > > - Network attached (LAN)
17 > > - Mostly used for office documents / rare graphics printing
18 > > - Reasonably priced refill cartridges
19 > > - Price up to ~ 180 US$
20 > >
21 > > I am especially interested in your experience to get it working under
22 > Linux.
23 > >
24 > > Thanks for your tips!
25 > >
26 > > --
27 > > Best regards,
28 > > Marco
33 > I have always bought HP printers and they work very well. There are a
34 > couple other brands that works well, maybe Epson or something, but HP is
35 > really good in my opinion.
36 >
37 > Stay away from Lexmark. I have yet to get one to work under Linux.
38 > Unless you can find one that someone tells you works, stay away from
39 > Lexmark.
40 >
41 > That's not a lot of info but it may help a little at least.
42 >
43 > Dale
44 >