From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] routine maintenance.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 20:42:45
1 Am Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 08:14:59PM +0000 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2
3 > > Provided the M.2 is using NVME instead of SATA
4 >
5 > I assumed the two terms were interchangeable. Is that not so?
6
7 M.2 is the physical connector. SATA and NMVE are logical protocols (well,
8 there are also SATA-specific connectors %-) ).
9
10 Depending on the “key” (a gap in the connector), an M.2 slot supports either
11 of them or even both.
12
13 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2
16 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
17 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
18
19 I have many solutions. Alas, they don’t fit to my problems.