From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken ALSA
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 02:40:44
1 On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM, M. Sitorus <gkjdsh@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > unfortunately, my Gentoo box is not connected to Internet ( i'm
3 > writing this from my office :D )
4 >
5 > Andrey, I've try your advice my alsa still not working.
6 > First I try to put asym after dmix on ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS, but it still
7 > not working. And then I run emerge -pv alsa-lib, and look at the USE
8 > Flag. I saw empty there, so I put empty on ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS, then I
9 > emerge alsa-lib alsa-utils mpg123 again. But the results still the
10 > same.
11 > I try to put open on ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS, eventhough i didn't saw that
12 > flag on emerge -pv alsa-lib, but there is no progress. I still got the
13 > same error with the one before.
14 >
15 Something's weird, because my ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS works on all 3 of my
16 gentoo boxes.
17 Did you try emerge -DN alsa-lib ?
22 Andrey Vul
23
24 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
25 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
26 A: Top-posting.
27 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?