From: Oli Schmidt <oli@×××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system suddenly failed to boot.
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:17:59
1 ata5.04: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 0)
2 ata5.04: hard resetting link
3 ata5.04: failed to resume link (SStatus 0 Scontrol 0)
4
5 and
6
7 ata5.04: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 0)
8 ata5.04: hard resetting link
9 ata5.04: failed to resume link (SStatus 0 Scontrol 0)
12 beside all the install/reinstalls - both errors indicate the drive is
13 failing OR (my best guess) the cable is bad. Replace the cable with a
14 new one and try again.
15
16 Oli
17