From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Revdep-rebuild reports kde breakage and then says its all okay; what's up with that
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:51:17
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 19:50, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > I checked a number of them, and they were clearly orphans: the
4 > libraries they were
5 > associated with originally had ceased to exist, which makes sense
6 > because they where also coordinated with KDE versions (3.2 and such)
7 > that I no longer have.
8 >
9 > So I deleted the lot, and everything seems okay.
10
11 That's bang on target. Sven had the right answer, it's usually
12 fix_libtool_files.sh doing this - it modifies the libs, then emerge
13 will refuse to delete them later when the package is unmerged.
14
15 Harmless, but annoying.
16
17 alan