From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ifplugd and netplug annoyance
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:57:28
1 Hey,
2
3 I installed ifplug a *long* time ago on this laptop, and it worked perfectly.
4 After upgrading to the new baselayout I saw it had built in support for ifplug
5 and netplug.
6 Great I thought, I'll let it handle it. So I reinstalled ifplug to put all the
7 config back to default, and update it.
8 Now it doesn't work very well.
9 Well, it works, dhcpcd is stopped when the cable is unplugged, and started
10 again when it's plugged back in. But the interface is never actually brought
11 down, and that's my problem, I *want* the interface brought *down*.
12
13 Why? IPv6. If the interface isn't brought up, stateless autoconfiguration
14 doesn't work.
15
16 For all my fiddling with ifplugd and netplug, I can't get either to work how
17 ifplugd used to.
18 I've tried using ifplugd as both a deamon with modules=( "!plug" ), and
19 letting baselayout handle it fully.
20 I've messed about with the API ifplugd uses.
21 Nothing.
22
23 Does anyone know how I can get it to work properly?
24 Ta
25
26 Oh, and it would be nice if it could pause the interface, rather than stop it,
27 but that's easily hacked in.
30 Mike Williams
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list