From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Changes in the way USB devices are mounted
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:04:34
1 On Tuesday 22 July 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > [...]
4 > > I am using dbus and hald with a Fluxbox WM so the default KDE behaviour
5 > > with the automounting pop up dialog does not work here (unless I have
6 > > launched the full KDE DE).
7 > >
8 > > Any ideas what has caused these changes? Are they
9 > > reversible/configurable?
10 >
11 > The DE is responsible for the mount options. Are you sure Fluxbox
12 > doesn't provide a config tool to set up the mount parameters of hot-plug
13 > USB devices?
14
15 Not from what I know (which ain't much . . .)
16
17 I have always had something like pmount /dev/sda in my FB menu script.
20 Regards,
21 Mick