From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] www-plugins/adobe-flash
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:42:38
1 On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 08:42:53AM +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote
2 > Cannot download it: 404
3 >
4 > I emerge --sync'ed yesterday, and again just a few minutes ago, in
5 > case the particular version of the package required by portage (
6 > www-plugins/adobe-flash-27.0.0.170) was nuked.
7 >
8 > What might be happening here?
9
10 https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ shows 27.0.0.183 as the current
11 Flash version. If you don't want to give up on Flash and uninstall it
12 altogether, I suggest that you check daily at this URL. If a new
13 version shows up, download the ".tar.gz for linux" version, and manually
14 replace libflashplayer.so (or whatever it's called) with the new one.
15
16 Flash vulnerabilities, and updates, come so fast and furious that
17 Portage can't keep up with them.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications