From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo forgets DATE adjust
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 06:55:12
1 Am 08.11.2011 02:48, schrieb Érico Porto:
2 > When I was installing my system I typed the date and hour wrong , and
3 > didn't noticed, and as far my computer knows, today is tomorrow, two
4 > hours wrong...
5 >
6 > I thought it was ok to change later, but actually, I can't. If I type
7 > the date command to change time, it changes ok, but when I boot, my
8 > system forgets it, and it's tomorrow again.. I've tried some ideas from
9 > the web, but nothing worked..
10 >
11 > Is this a known bug?
12 >
13 > Érico V. Porto
14
15 Edit /etc/conf.d/hwclock and set clock_systohc="YES". Make sure hwclock
16 is in runlevel boot.
17
18 If you have an internet connection during boot-up, you should also
19 emerge net-misc/ntp and add ntp-client and ntpd to runlevel default.
20
21 Hope this helps,
22 Florian Philipp