From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System Locking Up
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:00:45
1 Well, had some lockups here too, most caused by:
2
3 1) Heat, that's a known problem.
4 2) Memory, guessing what stick is dying makes me ill.
5 3) MoBo, that Soyo mobo and its inflating capacitors.
6
7 I came to the conclusion that a PC must have special treatment in
8 order to keep up night and day (wich is my case), so, a good
9 environment and sane settings are welcome. Good fans, maybe a water
10 cooler for heat control, strict control over static eletricity and
11 dust (yeah, hate it), and not playing around with flags for "super
12 duper velocity" that may hang the system.
13
14 Anyway, I would check all the stuff the other people mentioned, and
15 also check my video card for any problem (once it turned out to be a
16 memory problem AT THE VIDEO CARD). Good luck.
19 Daniel da Veiga
20 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list