From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware overlay
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:55:30
1 On Monday 28 May 2007, p014r834r wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > I am just about to use vmware overlay, and I was wondering if anyone
5 > had any problems/issues using it.
6
7 Yeah, one issue:
8
9 Why isn't vmware-workstation-6.* in the portage tree yet?
10
11 OK, I'm just kidding (there's testing to be done). Generally it works
12 fine, but right now I can't get vmware's modules to load and work
13 right. Dunno why. Previously the ebuilds worked well.
14
15 Mind you, there's always Murphy. So add the overlay to your system, and
16 emerge away. If it doesn't work, you'll soon know about it and can
17 revert back
18
19 alan
24 Optimists say the glass is half full,
25 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
26 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
27
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
30 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list