From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE/CUPS and toner density
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:44:43
1 On Saturday 07 January 2006 15:53, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 >
3 > The problem is: I have Xerox Phaser 3120 printer (which, I think, is the
4 > same as Samsung ML-1710). I have tried to play with 'toner density' driver
5 > property under the 'Printer Manager' - 'printer context menu' -
6 > 'Configure'. I have not noticed any difference between '1' and '5' density.
7 > The aim is to set max possible density.
8 >
9 Try configuring it directly from CUPS (localhost:631)
10 I once tried configuring my deskjet from both KDE and OOo but it didn't work.
11 Then I configured it through CUPS and settings do work now.
12
13 Regards,
14 Abhay