From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and path to internet
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 23:08:55
1 Howdy,
2
3 I noticed over the past few weeks a interesting issue. When I leave
4 Seamonkey open for several hours, it looses its connection to the
5 internet. If I open Firefox, it works fine. I can ping in a Konsole
6 too. In Seamonkey tho, not even a simple page like google will work.
7 If I close Seamonkey and then restart it, it works fine. I don't have
8 to log out of KDE or anything either. Just restart Seamonkey and it
9 works for a few more hours. Also, it affects both browser and email.
10
11 What is the path that Seamonkey takes to get to the internet? I have
12 tried a older version of Seamonkey but get the same results so I figure
13 it is something between Seamonkey and the internet that Firefox doesn't
14 use that I need to upgrade, downgrade or otherwise beat some sense
15 into. Just in case:
16
17 [ebuild R ~] www-client/seamonkey-2.17.1 USE="alsa chatzilla crypt
18 dbus ipc jit libnotify roaming startup-notification -custom-cflags
19 -custom-optimization -debug -gstreamer -system-jpeg -system-sqlite
20 -wifi" LINGUAS="-be -ca -cs -de -en_GB -es_AR -es_ES -fi -fr -gl -hu -it
21 -ja -lt -nb_NO -nl -pl -pt_PT -ru -sk -sv_SE -tr -uk -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!