From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving the portage tree to /var
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:56:38
1 On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 17:08:11 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:39:11 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >> > > Check /etc/portage/repos.conf
5 >> >
6 >> > That's it! Many thanks, Bruce.
7 >>
8 >> Indeed. That directory was either empty or absent on all my systems.
9 >> copying repos.conf from /usr/share/portage and modifying the path got rid
10 >> of the message.
13 > Shouldn't this file be populated by settings in /etc/portage/make.conf?
14 >
15 > I can't recall editing manually and it seems to have bespoke settings that I
16 > have in make.conf ...
19 Quite the opposite. Ideally, you should remove the PORTDIR setting
20 from make.conf. repos.conf is the newer, more flexible way to
21 configure it.
22
23 Unfortunately, that will break some of the third-party portage tools
24 which parse make.conf directly.