From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hplip network scanning port
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 10:45:35
1 On 01/08/2020 03:03, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > I used to be able to scan on my gentoo box from an HP officejet pro on
3 > the network. This is now failing and i can see that the gentoo box is
4 > attempting to connect to TCP/6566 on the HP, but the HP is not listening
5 > on that port.
6 >
7 > Test command is;
8 > hp-scan -dhpaio:/net/HP_Officejet_Pro_8620?ip=<ip address>
9 >
10 > Is 6566 scan attempt using the correct port?
11 >
12 Have you accidentally closed the port on the scanner (not sure whether
13 that's possible, but ...)
14
15 I use "scan to network" from the printer, but that may not be possible
16 on yours. Just open a samba port and the scanner saves the file there.
17 But that isn't foolproof either - when I changed scanner (from Dell to
18 HP) one user stopped working ... ??
19
20 Cheers,
21 Wol