From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Optimizations for low-bandwidth web browsing?
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 00:00:08
1 >> I need to optimize web browsing for a slow cell phone data connection.
2 >>  I'd like to browse faster and use less data ($).  I've installed
3 >> ImgLikeOpera for Firefox which is great at selectively blocking
4 >> images, and I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do?
5 >>
6 >> - Grant
7 >
8 > Can anyone offer advice for IMAP?  I'm using Thunderbird and it's slow
9 > and data-heavy.
10 >
11 > - Grant
12
13 Has anyone tried trojita (in portage)?
14
15 http://trojita.flaska.net/
16
17 It says:
18
19 "Support for bandwidth-saving mode aimed at mobile users with
20 expensive connection"
21
22 - Grant