From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with emerge --update
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:54:11
1 On Dienstag 30 Juni 2009, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 > Hi all!!
3 >
4 > I tried today :
5 >
6 > emerge --update --deep world
7 >
8 > but I get the following error:
9 >
10 > [blocks B ] kde-base/kdebase ("kde-base/kdebase" is blocking
11 > kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r6)
12 >
13 > I'm not very expert about emerge, have you any idea about this error?
14 >
15 > Can I solve it in some way? (Please, don't ask me to uninstall kdebase!!!!
16 >
18 >
19 > Thank you,
20 > Massimiliano
21
22 yes, it is related to the fact that monolithic ebuilds are phased out. Search
23 the archive, you will find a lot about it. Also looking into the kde guide on
24 gentoo.org might help you.