From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocks migrating from KDE 4.4.3 to 4.5.1
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:39:21
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 16:14 on Friday 03 September 2010, Robin
2 Atwood did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Friday 03 September 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 15:54 on Friday 03 September 2010, Robin
6 > >
7 > > Atwood did opine thusly:
8 > > > I decided to attempt the upgrade to KDE 4.5.1 now it's out. Upgrading
9 > > > Qt to 4.6.3 got rid of most of the blocks but I am left with a problem
10 > > > with kdepimlib. It looks like various kdenetwork packages are dragging
11 > > > in kdepimlib-4.5.1 which is incompatible with keeping KDEPIM at 4.4.
12 > > > Anyone else seen this and (hopefully) have a solution?
13 > >
14 > > Are you installing from portage or from the overlay?
15 >
16 > From the kde overlay. It's not in portage yet, is it?
17
18 There's an blog entry on the front page at www.gentoo.org about 4.5.1, it
19 seems to imply that it will go into portage with kdepimlibs pegged at 4.4. But
20 it's wasn't in portage yet as of this morning
21
22 You have kopete and other ebuilds pulling in >=kdepimlib-4.5.1 so hard masking
23 the later version won't work. I can only think of two approaches:
24
25 1. move the kde ebuilds to your private overlay and edit the DEPENDS for the
26 offending packages,
27 2. wait till 4.5.* hits portage
28
29 I faced the same decision and went with #2. It's lousy collection of choices,
30 perhaps someone else has a better plan.
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com