From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] detailed information about USE flags?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 05:01:33
1 I finally rebuilt my system, after nearly three months. Have
2 installed gentoo using the minimal install CD. It went easy, with a
3 fast connection. Much easier for me than trying to do the LiveCD
4 install.
5
6 Now, I need to set USE flags, and I want to do so with care. I
7 understand the concept, but I have to admit that I have never had
8 enough information at my disposal to choose USE flags even half
9 cluefully. I have seen some USE editors, but even they do not give
10 very much useful information about USE flags. I don't want to have to
11 do emerge --newuse yadayada very often...
12
13 Can someone point me to more information on USE flags, or do I have to
14 week through a plethora of mailing list and forum posts, and even then
15 have no clue?
16
17 Thanks for any help.
18
19 Alan
22 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
23
24 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
25 must share it with other people who like it.
26 --------Richard Stallman
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list