From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IBM ntb i1200
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:51:48
1 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > pat wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> is there someone who has experience with *subj* ??? One of my friends
6 >> has this ntb and is not able to install linux on it (this is problem
7 >> with irgpoll, but setting this param to kernel doewn't work).
8 >>
9 >> Thanks to all
10 >>
11 >> Pat
12 >>
13 >> P.S. IBM, P3/750MHz, 20GB hdd ... .
14 >
15 > Hmm, don't suppose you can read French? The French link regarding
16 > installing Gentoo is on this page:
17 > http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html
18 >
19 > I would kindly suggest for you to consult google. That was my first
20 > hit when searching for "ibm i1200 +gentoo"
21 >
22 > Hope that helps,
23 > Jeremy
24 In case you do follow that link and can read it, the custom ISO the
25 writer mentions isn't necessary - the PCMCIA modules, including
26 yenta_socket, can be automatically probed by specifying "dopcmcia" on
27 the boot command line (e.g. "gentoo dopcmcia acpi=on") on all recent
28 LiveCDs.
29
30 HTH.
31 --