From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VLC stopped working: XML reader not found
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 01:26:02
VLC suddenly stopped working this week.  Last week it worked fine, but
now I get this:

    $ vlc
    VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0-gf350b6b5a7)
    [000055814c41d3e0] main xml reader error: XML reader not found
    [000055814c399580] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
    Segmentation fault

I re-emerged it, but no change.  Why is VLC suddenly looking for an
XML reader and segfaulting when it doesn't find one?

A few days ago, I did plug in a second monitor and used xrandr to
configure a single display with two screens.  Does that have something
to do with VLC suddenly blowing a gasket about XML?

--
Grant