From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: randy@×××××××××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHCP on my wireless card
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:59:39
1 Randy Barlow schrieb:
2 > Howdy all! I'm having a tough time getting DHCP to work on my wireless card.
3 > It's the intel 2200, and I am using wpa_supplicant with it. The contents of
4 > my /etc/conf.d/net are:
5 >
6 > modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
7 > config_eth1=( "dhcp" )
8 > wpa_supplicant_eth1="-Dwext"
9 >
10 > The problem seems to be that DHCP isn't being used, and the even weirder part
11 > is that when I bring eth1 up via /etc/init.d/net.eth1 start, ifconfig will
12 > show eth1 configured with an IPv6 address! /var/log/messages isn't helpful,
13 > except to point out that there are no ipv6 routers on my network (duh!).
14 > When I manually run dhcpcd eth1, then the ip address is obtained correctly
15 > and it works. What should I check to see why DHCP doesn't seem to be being
16 > used on this interface and why I'm getting an IPv6 address? Thanks!
17 >
18 With wpa_supplicant the script is run 2 times. Once by you which fires
19 up wpa_supplicant and once by wpa_cli.sh, which puts up the interface
20 and runs dhcpcd.
21 I had this problem once too, and my problem was that a file
22 /etc/conf.d/net.eth1 existed, which had config_eth1=("null") in it. The
23 statements in /etc/conf.d/net had no effect then. Maybe that's the same
24 issue here.
25
26 - Sascha