From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Will ARM take over the world?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:12:09
1 On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 01:06:23PM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > On Dec 13, 2012 12:10 PM, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > It's nice to see a chip designer not falling into the intel trap of
5 > > trying to rape every customer for every last cent they have!
8 > Don't get me started on that...
9 >
10 > I hate them for 'selectively' making CPU Features available. In my previous
11 > company, we more than once have to send back newly-purchased PCs because
12 > apparently the model we ordered had an 'upgrade', yet the *newer* CPU
13 > doesn't support VT-x.
14 >
15 > Such thing never happen with AMD Desktop CPUs.
16 >
17 > That's why my next home rig will be AMD-based.
18
19 The first PC I built was in 1984, and no longer remember which CPU was used.
20 Since the mid 90s I've only bought one Intel CPU (2002), and that because I'd
21 been living in China only a month, couldn't speak the language, and the guy
22 helping me who spoke a little Engrish reported the salesman said "AMD quit
23 making CPUs". Being sorely in need of a server, I just bought it.
24
25 Happy Penguin Computers doesn't buy anything from Intel ... period.
26
27 As my daughter says, "Daddy, don't compromise your convictions!"
28 --
29 Happy Penguin Computers >')
30 126 Fenco Drive ( \
31 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^