From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:59:00
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:55, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > Oh,God!
3 > I can't start my machine with the livecd anymore even I have burned
4 > another livecd with "livecd-i686-installer-2006.1.iso".
5 > The error is still all the same:"coldpluging pci devices",which
6 > appears at 68%'s progress.
7
8 You have some kind of pci device that is not playing nicely with the
9 LiveCD. Perhaps a kernel module is starting with the wrong parameters,
10 or there is a bug, or whatever.
11
12 Remove all pci devices except ones you need and try various sensible
13 combinations in a sensible order to narrow down the device that is
14 problematic.
15
16 When the CD first boots, there is a splash screen where you can select
17 which kernel to use and various options. If I remember correctly it's
18 on the F2 key. Have a look there at stuff that can be disabled - acpi
19 is a common culprit so try that first
20
21 > Now my machine has a Windows2003,so is there any way that I can
22 > install gentoo in Windows?
23
24 No.
25