From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No motherboard beep since kernel upgrade
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 10:07:08
1 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:29:03 +0100
2 null_ptr <rhannek@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > I attached them. Old config/lsmod/dmesg is the first
5 > parameter of the diff.
6
7 Looks okay to me; I see in the other thread that it was clarified that
8 this is a problem through the speakers/headset and thus not through the
9 PC speaker, which leads me to think you have either Volker's idea that
10 it is muted in alsa-mixer (why would a kernel upgrade do this?) or you
11 have an actual bug in one of the kernel sound modules (more likely?).
12
13 If it is a kernel bug, then I think that switching back to the old
14 kernel would make it work again; if that's the case, I suggest you to
15 consider a git bisect between the two releases to find the bad commit:
16
17 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel_git-bisect
20 With kind regards,
21
22 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
23 Gentoo Developer
24
25 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
26 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
27 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D