From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 32 or 64 bits, CFLAGS and kernel settings ?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 01:08:33
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 12/27/2010 04:24 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> walt wrote:
4 >>> On 12/27/2010 09:27 AM, Dale wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> I went with 64 bit and used a multilib profile. So far, everything
7 >>>> is working fine.
8 >>>
9 >>> Dale, don't wait -- go buy a hundred lottery tickets before your
10 >>> luck runs out :)
11 >>>
14 >> Why? Going with multilib means I can run either 32 or 64 bit code if
15 >> needed. What's the point of buying a nice CPU if you are not going to
16 >> use it? If I was going to run 32 bit, I should have stuck with my old
17 >> rig.
18 >>
19 >> Please explain why this is not going to work long term?
20 >
21 > No, not the multilib part -- the "everything is working fine" part.
22 > It was just my bad
23 > attempt at a joke, so relax and enjoy the smooth sailing while it lasts.
24 >
25 > And a very happy and prosperous New Year to you and the whole motley
26 > gentoo crew while
27 > I'm at it :)
31 Whew ! Glad you was joking. I thought I had done made a boo boo. lol
32 I do wish I would win the lottery. We don't have one where I am tho. :-(
33
34 Happy New Year to you as well. Same to everyone else on the list as
35 well. Maybe next year will be better but I'm not holding my breath. :/
36
37 Dale
38