From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: trying to upgrade some old, never upgraded image for an embedded system …
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 01:38:14
1 On 2019-12-19, Thomas Schweikle wrote:
2
3 >>> > On 2019-12-18, <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> (Nuno Silva) < nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
4 >>> >
5 >>> > > The EAPI problem is in a package that is pulled as a dependency of
6 >>> > > portage.
7 >>> > >
8 >>> > > Unless there's a simple hack to solve this, you will need to use older
9 >>> > > ebuilds or split the update in several steps, using older versions of
10 >>> > > the portage tree. The following notes show a way of achieving this:
11 >>> > >
12 >>> > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:NeddySeagoon/HOWTO_Update_Old_Gentoo
13 [...]
14 > So I've tried now to upgrade in various ways:
15 > 1. the one given in https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/repo/sync/gentoo.git
16 > But this fails as soon as I try to emerge git. python-exec is at version
17 > 2.4.6 now. Without any 2.0.1 packed, legal versions left. Same for all
18 > other dependencies. Not really a way to go ...
19
20 Looking at this again, the installed version of portage says (in the
21 output quoted in your initial post) that it supports EAPI 6, which is
22 also used by the python-exec-2.4.6 ebuild (not in the tree anymore, the
23 one using EAPI 7 is 2.4.6-r1). So you could give the 2.4.6 ebuild a try:
24
25 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/plain/dev-lang/python-exec/python-exec-2.4.6.ebuild?id=20664dd65ec565233f460b94efc0337249b84550
26
27 Hopefully this will allow you to upgrade portage, unless there are more
28 dependencies of portage in similar situations. If this ebuild is not
29 enough, any chance you have another machine where you could do the
30 date-based checkout and then copy the entire portage tree?
33 Nuno Silva