From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opinions & know-how requested: how to create a mail cluster
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:38:51
1 On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 18:31 -0400, A. Khattri wrote:
2
3 > vpopmail uses maildirs by
4 > default - this means we can NFS mount delivery folders across machines
5 > without worrying about file-locking, etc. This also means you can spread
6 > POP3/IMAP traffic across several machines if you want.
7
8 Is vpopmail an pop/imap client/server? Portage just says :
9
10 A collection of programs to manage virtual email domains and accounts
11 on your Qmail or Postfix mail servers.
12
13 I'm looking towards whether I want to implement courier imap or cyrus
14 imap.
15
16 > We also have three servers dedicated to spam and virus filtering - those
17 > run daemonized spamd and clamav (we are using a local DNS zone to
18 > round-robin spamd connections so the load is again spread across all three
19 > filtering servers).
20
21 HAve you tried out dspam? I like it's spam quarantine web-interface. I
22 believe spamassassin does not have this and there's not much way for
23 end=users to have a way to configure which is to be marked as spam or
24 ham.
25
26 > We are also using squirrelmail and qmailadmin to provide a web mail
27 > interface and a web postmaster interface for domain accounts.
28
29 Just wondering, if some of the users are local domain users/accounts and
30 there's a need to get access to ssh/sftp/ftp etc, how does this work
31 with virtual email hosting?? (Or it shouldn't be taken into
32 consideration at all?)
35 Ow Mun Heng
36 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
37 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
38 Neuromancer 15:59:15 up 4 days, 2:34, 7 users, load average: 0.89, 0.72,
39 0.60
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list