From: Andrey Gerasimenko <gak@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc 3.4.6 vs. 4.1.1
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:47:21
1 On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:47:45 +0300, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > All of my gentoo systems have both gcc 3.4 and 4.1 but still
4 > use 3.4 for everything except packages that just won't build
5 > with gcc 3.4.
6 >
7 > I'm curious what other people are doing. Have most people
8 > switched over to 4.1 as their "main" compiler?
11 I installed Gentoo recently and it naturally has only 4.1. No problems, of
12 course. When I discovered I needed 3.* to compile qemu or any other
13 emulation I found, I just installed free binaries of VirtualBox. I guess
14 that is what the absolute majority of newbuys are doing.
17 Andrei Gerasimenko
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list