From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: keys that don't create keycodes
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:58:30
1 It seems that every multimedia keyboard out there (especially the usb
2 ones) have some or all "extra" keys that just aren't visible outside of
3 Winblows.
4
5 I have a couple of them! I've tried all the usual ways of detecting
6 them - xev and others that do a similar thing but they just don't
7 register as keypresses in any standard way.
8
9 I would like comments on why, and what methods, if any, may be available
10 to detect such keys. Surely with the plethora of cheap multimedia
11 keyboards out there, there is some way.
12 --
13 Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>
14
15 Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
16 in Australia.
17 -- Charles Schulz
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list