From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Homeboy (Gentoo) Cloud storage
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:11:36
1 On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM, James Horton PE
2 <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > Background.
6 > One thing that intrigues me is that one storage
7 > server can intellegently store files from a variety
8 > of hardware devices. I like this concept, but, many
9 > of my devices are not common retail systems. Nor
10 > do I like the idea of my file being on a server
11 > under the control of others.....
14 > So I first need to use something like "owncloud"
15 > and build a single server at a one location? Then
16 > I need to build another server at a diffent location.
17 > 2 or 3 physically differnt locations should work
18 > for my needs, for now. The File System to choose
19 > for this is an area where input from others is
20 > important.
21
22 If you are basically looking for "run my own dropbox" then I think
23 owncloud should work for you. I think mobile clients and replication
24 to multiple servers are additional features that cost money, not
25 included in the free version.