From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd 246 gives strange messages
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:55:34
1 On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 9:32 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Does this indicate a problem, and if not, how can I stop these
4 > messages?
7 I'm guessing it is just log spam, but I don't use Gnome so I can't
8 really be sure. You might do well to ask on a Gnome mailing list, or
9 maybe ping one of the gnome maintainers on Gentoo.
10
11 It looks like Gnome is integrating with systemd via xdg and a new
12 systemd generator to have systemd automatically launch some services
13 based on events. If I had to take a wild guess some of these services
14 are managed by systemd, and others are not, and systemd is being noisy
15 about the ones that aren't.
16
17 But it is also possible something is broken. I bet a Gnome maintainer
18 would know what is going on offhand. They may not monitor this list
19 but if you pinged one on IRC/email and asked them to look they
20 probably would. The Gentoo maintainer is probably your best first
21 bet, but we probably run relatively close to upstream since that's how
22 Gentoo does stuff, so upstream might also help you. I know on the
23 systemd front we try to stay close to upstream (much closer to
24 something like Arch than something like Ubuntu).
27 Rich