From: "Anna “CyberTailor”" <cyber@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE, sddm etc security. Plus LVM question.
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:07:02
1 On 2022-03-19 03:03, Dale wrote:
2 > I been thinking.  Yea, that's dangerous.  lol  If I logout of KDE, or
3 > have the screen locked, ctrl+alt=L key sequence, how secure is that if I
4 > have good passwords that are virtually impossible to crack?  My login
5 > manager is sddm.  As a example, if someone breaks into my home, is there
6 > a easy way to get past that?  I recall the old windoze 98 days where a
7 > certain key sequence would bypass the password prompt.  Is there a way
8 > known to crooks and such that can bypass or easily defeat passwords?
9
10 The only secure lockscreen is XScreenSaver.
11 https://www.jwz.org/blog/2021/01/i-told-you-so-2021-edition/